Wednesday, September 30, 2009

B - Pinback - Offcell - EP



B!!!! I made it to B! That's right haters, doubters, mimes and Rance, I made it to the letter B and it only took me a year and a half. Ugh.

Well, at least I'm not in the A's anymore.

Anyway, gotta love Rob Crowe's "white guy attempting to deliver a dancehall rant" on this puppy. If it weren't for that odd machine noise intro, this would be one of my favorite Pinback songs actually.

I've always assumed the title was a reference to the key the song was played in, but with these guys you just never know and my ear isn't good enough to tell you for a fact that this song is actually in B. Whatever, it definitely displays Pinback's rockier side, and for me that's their stronger side.

1 comment:

Chewbacca Khan said...

The fact that it took you a year and a half is the genius of the blog, dude. By the time you get to F you could have a cult following. Think about it.

BTW, do you get a cut if someone clicks on your Amazon link?