Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Anything Goes - Guns N Roses - Appetite for Destruction - 1987

I remember the tempest in a tea cup that followed GnR's initial success was largely focused on this song (before One In A Million two years later would overshadow it). In hindsite, the line "your panties round your knees and your ass in debris" does seem slightly misogynistic...but the barrage of raunch that we've seen in the...gulp...21 years since this album, has almost made that line seem quant and romantic.

Either way, this was never my favorite song off AFD...kinda monotonous and not that interesting. I'll take Rocket Queen any day of the week.

1 comment:

TheNewDeterrence said...

I always sorta thought it was "Your ass in the breeze" but I guess either works to the same effect.

Ditto on Rocket Queen.