Friday, November 21, 2008

Apology - The Posies - Dear 23 - 1990

Okay, one thing I definitely need to remember...just cause my gym gets a hold of some new exercise equipment does not mean that I need to try it out. I looked at all the shiny new back exercise machines and thought "Yeah, I could strengthen my back...maybe that'd help my posture..."

Now my back is a solid cape of sore muscles...not pleasant at all.

Anyway, here is another obnoxiously literate song from the Posies first real album. Words and phrases featured in this song: Disenchantment, Running Rampant, If it Illustrates the Nonesuch Nomenclature, "And The Stones Will Weep, in a Modest Fashion, but Don't Expect Too Much You Might be Disappointed."

With a vocabulary like that and a need to show it off, no wonder everyone hated me as an 18 year old.

This song is also an unfortunate example of a song whose verses are better than it's chorus...the chorus becomes something of a let down. But still The Posies sharp harmonies and Beatlesque melodies make the song at least somewhat worthwhile.

No comments: