Friday, January 9, 2009

The Architecht Has A Gun - Chin Up Chin Up - We Should Have Never Lived Like We Were Skyscrappers - 2004

I've been dogsitting for a friend all week, and as such have paid a bit more attention than usual to my neighborhood's sidewalks. As I've been walking the pooch, I've noticed in the past few days that a large number of Christmas Trees have been placed out on the side walk...which makes me wonder: Are the people who kept their trees up hardcore Catholics who actually know that it is appropriate to leave your tree standing until the Feast of the Ephiphany (The 12th Day of Christmas) or is it just that these people were lazy?

I mean sure you have your people who take down the tree on Dec 26th, Christmas is over, time for the tree to go. You have your people who take it down on Jan 1st or 2nd (the end of the holiday season for most of the secular or protestant world) and then you have people who left it up till this week. We've had a weekend since New Years, they could have taken their trees down then. So does that mean my neighborhood actually has that many serious Catholics in it? Or is it simply that my neighborhood has that many lazy fucks in it? These are the questions that weigh on my mind.

Anyway, Chin Up Chin Up does a kind of watered down Modest Mouse thing here with a little bit of swirly keyboards to make sure we know that this was recorded in the middle 2000's and a lackadasical approach to singing that only barely qualifies as such. Nice enough, but doesn't blow me away.

No comments: