Thursday, January 22, 2009

Arm and Hammer - Clap Your Hands Say Yeah - Some Loud Thunder - 2007

Okay, this song represents one of the bigger challanges of this project...well, okay, not this song specifically, but this kind of song. This song is terrible. Unremittingly awful. It is from a clusterfuck of an album produced by a producer I admire and a band whose first album I enjoyed. It's soul redeeming quality is that it is brief.

But I can't quite bring myself to delete it...because well, what if I have a total critical re-evaluation of this album? What if I'm just hearing this single annoying minute and half of "music" out of context? What if it provides the perfect bridge between the two songs that sandwich it, and I erased it because I made the rookie mistake of judging this song out of context? Is that sort of thinking even relevant anymore in the digital age? Is the album a dead art? Or for that matter, is this actually just a bad album that will not age gracefully? You know, like the way you go back and watch Temple of Doom one more time, on the chance that your opinion will be softer on it with the passage of time only to discover that it's still pretty crappy.

Be thankful you don't have my issues.

No comments: