Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Alone, Jealous and Stoned - The Secret Machines - Ten Silver Drops - 2006

I'd like to talk for a moment about Rollercoasters...rollercoasters are awesome. End of.

Well, no...I'll say a few more words. I went down to the Brooklyn landmark that is The Cyclone on Saturday. I wasn't sure it was still running as the Astroland at Coney Island has been on the way to closing down...but thank the heavens The Cyclone is still going strong.

After an afternoon of sitting in the sun and sand drinking beer on Beer Island (yes, that is a real thing now and not just something I dreamed up...it replaced the putt-putt course, which is an upgrade in my book) I was all ready for some action, and the Cyclone rarely dissapoints. Part of the thrill, of course, is that it is so old and rickety. You could actually die. This could be the one time that the car derails from the track and flies off into the ocean hurtling you to the most fun demise you could imagine...hands in the air and screaming. But fortunately I survived.

My attempt to listen to the iPod on the ride (and thus having an appropriately soundtracked experience) was less succesful though. I managed to keep the headphones on my head and the volume at a sufficient level. The problem was keeping the audio jack in the iPod. Perhaps next time I'll duct tape it in or something. Suggestions are welcome.

No comments: