Friday, August 8, 2008

And She Would Darken The Memory - The Twilight Sad - The Twilight Sad EP - 2006

This version is only slightly different than the version that ended up on their debut full length, so not really sure I need both versions...but obviously I have some issues.

A friend of mine asked me not too long ago what sort of band I'd have, if I had a band, and The Twilight Sad was about as close as I could come to a good answer. Obviously I wouldn't sing with the accent...but they tend to have the sound I like. Melodic and dramatic, with a sizeable shoegazer influence, lyrics that are oblique enough to be universal, but not so much so that they could be mistaken for gibberish, and endings that descend into blissful chaos. This is pretty much "Josh" music. And this along with "Mapped By What Surrounds Them" are probably the best things on the first album.

No comments: