Monday, August 11, 2008

And Someone With Strengths - Wheat - Hope and Adams - 1999

So I went to the Saturday show of All Points West at Liberty State Park this past weekend to see my boys Radiohead play. This is the first of many posts, I'll probably spend ranting/raving about this show...but let's start with my biggest statement...which I'd like to state, has nothing to do with the performance of the bands....Jesus Christ did that fucking suck!

Okay, so my buddy Anand and I met up in the early afternoon to do a little pre-gaming and then head out towards Jersey. We had bought our $25 ferry tickets in advance, so we assumed the wait wouldn't be that bad...but when half the city of NYC wants to get out to a little park in Jersey...you are going to wait for a ferry. So first line I waited in, 1 hour.

Then you get to Jersey and you gotta walk a pretty good distance to get to the concert area...where security thoroughly pats you down. And when I say "security" I mean whatever Jersey crackheads they could find willing to pat you down and yell at you if they find anything...of course there were very authoritative looking state troopers around to enforce the decisions of the power mad crackheads. Second line I waited in 1.5 hours.

THEN you had to wait in line to get your ID bracelet to buy booze. Time spent waiting in this line 45 minutes.

Time spent waiting in lines for port-a-potties 1 hour.

Then of course, the line to get back ON the ferries to go home at the end of the night 1 hour, 15 minutes.

So time spent waiting in lines on Saturday: 5.5 hours. Time spent seeing my favorite band...about 2 hours. Something of a trade off I must say.

Wheat are kind of an Irish Wilco, depending on what way that sways your opinion, judge this song accordingly.

No comments: