Thursday, March 20, 2008

Above You - Whitest Boy Alive - Dreams - 2006

I've always said that when I finally lose my grip, and go apeshit, it will not be at my job, with my friends, or in a Russian bathhouse...it will be on the subway. The subway, is in many ways, a capricious lover...it is my morning commute and my night time designated driver...but it also fills me with rage. Today's example: The fight over a seat. I generally stand on the subway, I don't see the need to fight over a little piece of bench, just so I can sit down. Particularly, since I'm on my way to a job where I'm going to sit for 8 freaking hours anyway. But invariably there is always someone...and at the risk of inciting feminine wrath, this someone is almost always a middle aged woman...who will happily squeeze into a tiny sliver of open bench, causing everyone else in the aisle to be scrunched and uncomfortable. Seriously, people...I'm the first one to give up my seat to the elderly, infirm and pregnant..but if your fifty year old fat ass can't handle standing up for 20 minutes before you sit all day behind that HR Generalist's desk...maybe NYC is not the place for you.

Anyway...I downloaded this cause it's one of the dudes from The Kings of Convenience...in theory it was supposed to be his rocky side project, but really it just seems to be the same stuff only plugged in. Quiet is the New Loud is really all you need from these guys.

No comments: