Monday, March 24, 2008

Acid Food - Mogwai - Mr. Beast - 2006

So, I had been talking up Enid's in Greenpoint as the best brunch in the city to a newer friend of mine. I lived in Greenpoint from 2003-2005 and made Enid's a regular weekend trip. Despite generally regarding my time in the Point as "hellish", I would never have said a bad word about the breakfast. Plus as a Midwesterner, I am always happy to find a place that makes biscuits and gravy. Except this is now the second time in a row I've been there and they've run out of biscuits. Seriously, dipshits...it's Easter Sunday...did it not occur to you that you might have a run on biscuits? Make more than you think you need.

In addition to that our waitress was awful and I had only slept an hour and a half on saturday night, so I was not in a good place to be messed with. She could have at least brought us our bloody marys (Which sat on the bar for a solid ten minutes) over when she came to tell us there were no more biscuits. I threw a small temper tantrum. It was not my proudest moment.

Anyway, I certainly could have used this song to cool me down. This is one of Mogwai's new "Hey, we'll try out this whole singing thing" songs. The song is so laid back it sounds like someone gave The Beta Band Quaalude's and told them to wash it down with some NyQuil. Lovely pedal steel part though. I need a nap.

No comments: