Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Act of the Apostle II - Belle and Sebastian - The Life Pursuit - 2006

As a result of my questionable drinking decisions I was wide awake at 545 this AM. After a few hours of trying to make myself go back to sleep I finally just decided to get up and go to work a little early. It is amazing how much going into work as little as 15 minutes earlier increases the traffic on the train. It was easily three times the usual number of people on the 2 this morning from what I'm used to at my usual leisurely 915 departure.

But one of the advantages is that spring is finally almost hitting NYC. In the Midwest we knew it was really spring when we saw the first robin. Here in the city we know it's spring when we see the first spaghetti string tank top. Now, in the world in which I am king, there would be some sort of law that stated when the first girl to exhibit bare flesh of the season arrives on the subway, she should not be crowded around. People should step back so we can all enjoy the view. Needless to say on the crowded subway this did not happen, so I spent a lot of time rubber necking like a jackass.

I guess I needed this moment of shameless heterosexuality to justify the fact that I've now written about to B&S songs in a row. Not particularly my favorite song on this album either.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well said.