Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Act Nice and Gentle - The Black Keys - Rubber Factory - 2004

Back before I discovered punk, I thought I wanted to be a blues guitarist. Teenage Indiana Josh (that's a teenage Josh that lived in Indiana, not some young world hopping archaeologist) would sit in his grandparents basement with a Japanese Strat and a ridiculous Blues Brothers fedora playing pentatonic scales and whining about how the women were doing him wrong. I like The Black Keys, cause their like that Josh never left the blues stage...and actually became good at it.

This particular song is a bit more laid back than usual. They seem to be riding a nice The Band kinda vibe, which I'm all for. I feel like I should be sipping a mint julep on a porch swing.

Damn, I wish it was summer. And I wish I had a porch swing...and a mint julep. Where's a genie when you need one?

No comments: