Thursday, July 31, 2008

Amsterdam - Peter, Bjorn, and John - Writer's Block - 2006

Well I'm pretty much stuck talking about Amsterdam for this one aren't I. Well, I've been a couple of times...but I'll save the crazy stories for another time and just talk about the city. Frankly, I was underwhelmed by it.

Sure, I'm all for their liberal policies regarding controlled substances...but sadly I really dislike most of the people that are their to enjoy them. Sometime I'll get good and liquored up and talk about what a blight on humanity British tourists are. Also the red light district, with it's ugly hookers, blind drunks, and spoiled American hippies is just depressing.

Also, it is a beautiful city....absolutely lovely architecture and a real sense of history, you feel how old it is...but their cuisine leaves something to be desired. And also, and I know this is petty...the Dutch language is pretty ugly. It sounds both guttaral and kinda like baby talk.

I will grant them this though...the bike riding is cool. Wish the USA would take a queue from them, but then we'd have to ditch our middle american fear of the city, and the belief that a car is somehow connected to your penis.

Anyway, good song...er, yeah.

No comments: