Thursday, July 31, 2008

Ana - Pixies - Bossanova - 1990

I was talking to my ladyfriend about something and decided I'd go ahead and post this whole story. We were talking about the worst act of revenge we'd ever done to someone...hers was the fairly benign act of subtextually implying that her roommate was fat. I assured her that I could easily best that.

I used to work for a small dotcom run by an Israeli boss. At a certain point he realized that he was too close to his co-workers (me and my friends) to effectively be a bad cop, so he brought in one of his army friends to do the job for him. I hated this man with a passion unparralleled. He simply didn't understand the company we were running. He insisted that all of our customers be above board, not realizing that we were in the business of dealing with criminals. He insisted that we spend all of our time working, not realizing that the point of the dotcom revolution was that busy work is bullshit...and this distaste was mutual, so I was usually the object of his scorn.

So one day I'm going for a coffee run and I ask around if anybody else wants some. He answers that yes, he'd love some tea. As I came back with the beverages I made a stop on an abandoned floor of the building where I preceeded to make literal the expression tea bagging. And yes, it did scald a bit. But it was totally worth it.

Anyway, I always think Bossanova is an underrated album...sure, they were starting to hate each other...but it was still better than most of the albums that came out in 1990.

1 comment:

TheNewDeterrence said...

Good thing for him you didn't give him the ole "Shit Coffee" ... the name is, yeah, not so subtle.