Monday, September 8, 2008

Angelita - Jon Auer - Songs from the Year of Our Demise - 2006

So I hosted a party at my apartment this weekend, and made the cardinal mistake of any party host. I got drunk too fast.

See, I had started early, giving myself a little boost while I cooked and cleaned. Then my roommate was trying to perfect his Mojito recipe...and obviously that required some taste tests and few different variations. Then there was the shot of whiskey that had to be done when the party started. Then I started drinking the communal punch (the Grape Drink, the alleged purpose for the party) when the first guest arrived. Next thing I know, I realize that I'm kinda woozy and there was a very real chance that I would in fact be that drunk guy stumbling over furniture, spilling drinks, grabbing boobs that I really shouldn't grab...fortunately I was able to pull up my Irish powers to keep my shit together long enough to find my bearings, and fortunately only my closest friends noticed that I kept going to the bathroom to splash water on my face. The lesson has been learned....next time, I will be better prepared.

Anyway, this is Jon Auer doing his post-Posies thing....which is surprisingly AOR, but not necessarily in a bad way.

No comments: