Monday, September 22, 2008

Annie, Let's Not Wait - Guillemots - Through The Window Pane - 2006

As a man with a girl named Anne on his arm, I'm sort of predisposed to liking any song with her name in it...well, obviously minus "Annie's Song"...cause dear God, I'm not even diabetic, but exposure to that much saccherine would surely send me into some sort of coma. And with a title like that, it was really tempting to put it on during our early courtship period...but even aside of the obvious reasons, I really honestly like this song...and that's despite a number of things that I ordinarily wouldn't like: a children's choir, the sort of "world music" bass line, the tinkling piano riff, the general upbeat vibe of the song...but honestly. I just find if effective.

And, of course, my girlfriend...does not.

Ah well.

No comments: