Monday, September 8, 2008

The Angels Share - Ted Leo & The Pharmacists - Shake The Sheets - 2004

I am such a gigantic fan of Ted Leo's The Tyranny of Distance that the downfall he's taken into didactic political screacher is an increasingly difficult burden to bear. Don't get me wrong, I agree with most of his politics...that's the problem. It's preaching to the choir. I doubt there are many Ted Leo fans out there who think that us being in Iraq is a good idea, or that have no problem with the damage that W has done to The Constitution...so why the hell is Ted screaming about it?

On TToD Ted was a tuneful songsmith, singing intelligently about relationships and the trials of adulthood. I miss that guy.

Having said all of that, The Angel's Share is one of the better of Ted's political songs.

No comments: