Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Anna Lee (Dressed In New Lightning) - Grey Revell - Crazy Like An Ambush - 1999

So my crazy subway preacher was back yesterday. I see him about once or twice a month...but yesterday was the first time he'd ever directly addressed me. I had my headphones on and was walking towards the back of the train before I realized that he was pacing and preaching. I quickly backed into a doorway, audibly saying "Oh Boy" as I did. This clearly drew his ire. And for the rest of his ride I became his example of "white people".

I felt like pointing out that I work for an African-American owned company, that my boss is a black man, that my roommate is a black man, and that this hardly makes me a good example of "The Man"...but I have enough crazy preachers in my family to know that you just don't engage them.

One woman on the train that got on at Borough Hall, during his rant about judges and lawyers, decided to engage him...this was a mistake. She tried the "I agree with you, but do we have to do this now" tactic...which was a mistake, but at least got him off my case.

Anyway, this song is nice enough...but the guitar bit sounds a lot like Mirah's "Archepeligo". And I don't know, the dude with an acoustic guitar thing only goes so far.

No comments: