Monday, September 22, 2008

Annie - Elefant - Sunlight Makes Me Paranoid - 2003

So, I got a weird fever thing last week...no idea what it was or what it was from. No cough or respitory trouble, no, uh, "tummy trouble"...just a feeling that I was alternating between being absolutely freezing to death, and then 1/2 an hour later I'd be sweating so bad I thought I'd need to change my shirt. I had no energy at all, felt like my brain was in a fog, and I was treading through oatmeal. I went immediately home after work on Friday (surely a sign that something was wrong, if ever there was one) sat under 13 blankets, ate wonton soup, and watched Excalibur (which I got at Duane Reade for $4.99 that day). It felt like I was 10...and not in a good way.

Elefant is always going to sound like the skinniest hipster in the room circa 2003. You can almost hear the white jeans rubbing together as they play. But it isn't without it's charms.

4 comments:

Bafoonery in Brooklyn said...

Since the title of this song is my name up until age 10 and I like Elefant a lot...I say good choice.
Plus it's better than Annie's Song by John "Bob" Denver

Jason Flahardy said...

You caught Teh Ghey. I warned you about Brooklyn.

TheNewDeterrence said...

The first time I saw Excalibur it was the unrated version ... with my parents. And there's the scene where Pendragon comes home to fuck his wife and just sucks on her tit and I was like "Nu uh, he totally didn't do that, did he?" My family seemed unfazed, but I think I got a boner. You go, Pendragon...

J.D. Herr said...

Here's the part where I'm a giant dork and say that "Pendragon" is in fact the family name and therefore could apply to either Arthur or his father Uther. The scene you are discussing is with Uther played by a very very young Gabriel Byrne.