Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Ageing Faces/Losing Places - Kevin Drew - Spirit If... - 2007

So, a week or so ago one of my female friends was mugged. She lives out in the aluminum siding district in Bushwick and got jumped coming off the subway. As a result she suffered a broken wrist and a pretty nasty black eye.

Now, surliness aside, I'm still a good catholic boy at heart, so I volunteered to help her on a run to the Container Store to buy a new closet thingy. We're standing in line and getting assistance from the CS dude...he asks her what happened. Understandably, she didn't want to go into it so she just says "I fell". Well of course the guy spends the rest of the transaction giving me the stink eye. If I had thought my friend wouldn't have minded I would have just told the guy "Yes, I beat her. I throw her down the stairs for fun..."

Look, mother F-er...I'm doing a good deed here...don't look at me like I'm Connie Corleone's first husband...geez. A guy just can't win...

Anyway, this is Kevin Drew trying to recapture the magic of Anthems for Seventeen Year Old Girls. He doesn't quite pull it off...but not bad.

No comments: