Friday, April 4, 2008

Ageless Beauty - Stars - Set Yourself On Fire - 2004

So I was recently given a new team of developers to manage, and like many developers they are somewhat prickly folks. As they hadn't really taken to me, I was starting to feel a bit like Lt. Goreman in Aliens...the callow commander without the respect of his troops. So, I fixed this in the only way an Irishman knows how. By going out drinking with them and displaying my inner rock star. This also ended up involving karaoke...I'm not sure how, exactly, I ended up singing both Rick Astley and Mr. Big...but it seemed to have done the trick. Also, So-Co and Lime shots on an empty stomach, always a terrible, terrible decision.

I'm into this Stars song. Occasionally, there music can be a bit fey for my tastes, but this one has the right mixture of 90's girl-rock/Canadian-collective rock to keep me happy....Belly as backed by Broken Social Scene if you will. Decent stuff.

1 comment:

TheNewDeterrence said...

I freaking love this song...but not in a gay way or anything...