Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Ahimana - Tinariwen - Aman Iman: Water is Life - 2007

So the other day I was coming out of the subway at Union Square and I saw a middle aged Asian-American woman on her cell phone, standing right by the entrance. Clearly she was finishing a conversation before getting on the subway. Also, conversation might be a slightly generous description as she was clearly having a fight with someone. I only caught two things she said as I walked past but those two lines paint quite the picture. "I just don't see what I'm getting out of this." and even better "Is that what you do for fun, you insult a two year old?"

Clearly, whoever was on the other end of that phone conversation is someone I want to hang with. Also, yes, I'm a shameless people watcher/eaves dropper.

Tinariwen is one of my attempts to broaden my horizons. It is working with limited success. This isn't their best track though.

No comments: