Monday, April 21, 2008

Alison - Slowdive - Souvlaki - 1993

More Things I Learned in Indiana:

D) My family talks a lot about the surguries people have had. This is especially disconcerting as they have no objection to doing this during dinner. There's nothing more appetizing than hearing about aunt Zelma's gall bladder surgury while eating potato salad.

Clearly Alison is a very musical name...

Slowdive's Souvlaki is basically the quintasential Shoegazer album, and this is one of the best 2-3 songs on the album. I am continually amazed by the degree to which shoegaze sounds have infiltrated so much of modern music. It seems like everybody loves a delay pedal these days.

2 comments:

TheNewDeterrence said...

This is one of the first songs me and my wife did it to. Also, Sigur Ros. That makes you do it REALLY SLOWLY.

J.D. Herr said...

Wow...you've disturbed me. Thanks Josh. Remind me to buy you a drink tonight...oh wait that's right, we drink for free tonight!!!