Friday, April 11, 2008

Airbag - Radiohead - OK Computer - 1997

Well...shit...what the fuck do I say about Airbag. When I started this project, I assumed I would have plenty of things to say about each and every Radiohead song...but now that I'm faced with it...I'm like an ape before the monolith.

Alright, if you haven't picked up on this yet, I'm part of the legion of Radiohead obsessives. And this is my favorite album of theirs, and in my not even slightly humble opinion the best album of the 90's. And like any great album it needs to come roaring out of the gates, and Johnny's steam roller of a guitar riff just about does that on it's own.

Also, incidentally, I have had 4 serious car accidents in my youth (I drove way to fast when i was a kid)...the last one saw me flip my dad's car into a telephone poll...when the wreck was done I could reach my hand into the back seat and touch the telephone poll right behind my head. Having come away with nothing but a broken rib and some cuts from broken glass, I was a lucky guy...and I knew exactly what Thom meant..."My god, I cheated death...I am ready to take on the world!!!" Crazy stuff...

No comments: