Friday, May 2, 2008

All Di Gal Com - Stereotyp - My Sound - 2002

This is what is great about project managing an IT group...the hard drive on which I store the back up for my iPod went belly up. In addition to my music collection (among other collections) there is also a fair amount of my personal writing stored on this thing. The idea of losing all of this did not appeal to me.

I'm telling my team about this and they suggest I bring in the drive and they'll take a look. They realize that they cannot open the case...I assume that this will be the end of the story...but no, my guys decide that this marks a challange. Soon specific tools are being sought to open the case. It might have taken them a couple of days of doing this inbetween real work, but they did finally get it open.

So the moral of the story, it's good to have tech nerds on your side...just never take them anywhere where they might meet women.

My buddy Corey is much more electronica/dance music savy than I. This was his attempt to broaden my horizons. I don't mind the music, I just can't quite take myself seriously listening to it.

No comments: