Wednesday, May 14, 2008

All Neon Like - Bjork - Homogenic - 1997

How many fucking Bjork songs start with "A"? Did she have a theme? And what the hell does it mean to "halo all over you". That just sounds wrong.

So, I was all excited cause they opened a new wine bar in my previously sketchy neighborhood. I had my ladyfriend meet me there last night for a glass or two. We sit down and wait a bit for the waiter, but sure it's a new place, been open less than 2 weeks, they probably don't have the service down. Fine. Finally the dude brings us our menus, I peruse mine and realize that it only lists food. So I go ask the bar tender for the wine list. He informs me that they don't get their liquor license until the 28th...when they will have their grand opening. First of all, you appear to be open, second of all why in the world would you open a wine bar before you could serve wine? What the hell is wrong with people?

No comments: