Friday, May 9, 2008

All Is Full of Love - Bjork - Homogenic - 1997

So the other night I went back to the local beer gardens to celebrate our new neighborhood option for outdoor drinking. One of the girls that lives in my building came out and decided to throw out the "I can drink you under the table" challange. Now not to seem overly chauvanistic, or like a giant asshole...but there was just no way this was possible. This girl 11 years my junior, and from suburban philly was just not going to take me. Two shots of Wild Turkey and she was out of the game. This did however result in a fair amount of comedy. I tried to wrestle a bassett hound, despite not being a regular smoker I had 4 cigarettes, and then I paid our skinny-hipster-in granny glasses waitress $10 to rap for us. This is on a wednesday night mind you.

The sad thing is, this sort of thing happens to me frequently...I'm not sure why women want to try to outdrink me...and why I can't say no to the challange. Clearly I have issues.

More Bjork, being Bjork

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This was, if you recall, the song I walked out to at me wedding...it was either gonna be this or "lady" by the commodores. I remain neutral.