Tuesday, May 13, 2008

All My Friends - LCD Sound System - Sound of Silver - 2007

I'm not sure I am going to have anything new to say about this song. So, I'll basicaly cover the same ground Pitchfork did when they voted it best song of 2007 (I don't know that I neccesarily agree with that, but it's a pretty great song) only I'll make the general, personal.

Next month I will have lived in NYC for 8 years. The majority of long time friends that are here still hold on to some of their artistic aspirations (those that ever had any)...most of us still drink more than we probably should. I few of us still do drugs we should have outgrown. We still stay up late, and go to parties, and show, and art openings, and events. We still have meet ups in bars, and act like "rockstars" even into our thirties. It's just the way our generation has handled the "new 30"...our prolonged adolescence that the judgemental Boomers love to belittle us with.

We are all pioneers finding our way in the uncharted future...er, or something like that. It's just nice to be celebrated as such.

No comments: