Wednesday, May 14, 2008

All My Kin - Chisel - Set You Free - 1997

Even though it does have a horn section and a quasi-childrens choir, two things that I am ordinarily pretty oppossed to, I can't help but love this song. Mostly because I completely releate to the subject matter. For some reason whenever I go to visit my family in Indiana, someone invariably wants to engage me in a political convesation that they seem to know will infuriate me and make me think "how in the hell can I be related to these dimwits". Adam and Eve rode dinosaurs to church, Barrack Obama wants your kids to pray to Allah while learning about gay sex, Hillary Clinton is the anti-christ (I don't even like Hill, yet they seem to cast me in the roll of her biggest fan), gun control would not have stopped the Virginia Tech massacre, etc, etc, etc.

Ugh...but at the end of the day they are my family, and it is good to see them. Even if they are bonkers. Mr. Leo understands, though I can't imagine Jersey ignorance holds a candle to Indiana ignorance.

2 comments:

TheNewDeterrence said...

Perhaps their should be a WVU massacre, but you probably mean the Va. Tech massacre. Old Boy, indeed!

J.D. Herr said...

Mistake...I see no mistake.

Clearly, you sir have been at the bourbon again.